Marquee Hire Advice
Questions to ask no matter which marquee company you choose.
- Is the company available for your date and venue?
- Does the company carry out free no obligation site visits?
- Can they show you photos of all the equipment and previous wedding marquees?
- Do they provide itemised quotations showing all item prices separately?
- What style of marquee do they provide and do they have a range of options?
- Can a scaled layout plan be provided?
- Can a Man on site be provided?
- Does the company provide Damage Waiver/ Insurance to cover the equipment?
- If the company is providing a package, are services such as toilets and power generation sub-contracted. Are there extra charges applicable to these items such as delivery, diesel and cabling?
- Does the company specialise in catering for weddings and how much experience do they have in this area?
- How long has the company been operating?
- Can the company provide lighting, heating, furniture, lining etc. and does it have a good range of options on these items?
- Do they regularly check the equipment and have dedicated cleaning facilities?
- Can they cater for bad weather options such as hard flooring, walkways, toilet covers etc?
- How much deposit is required to secure a booking and do they accept credit cards, BACS, cheques etc?
- Can recent testimonials be provided?
- What is the exact specification of the equipment.
- Does VAT, delivery, and insurance need to be added to the total?
- Agree on a layout plan for the marquee.
- Specify colours of internal dressings.
- Confirm terms of payment and schedule.
- Inform the company of the site surface.
- Make sure the company is aware of any obstructions or access restrictions.
- Is your power supply adequate? Get a power use breakdown from all your suppliers.
- Inform the company if there are underground or overhead services.
- Once you agree a delivery date, make sure access to the site is clear from obstructions / parked cars BEFOR they arrive, this will save you lots of panic and lead to a smooth operation.
- Make sure there are adequate fire exits, do you need emergency lighting?
- Will you need to provide fire extinguishers.
- Is the marquee equipment manufactured from fire retardant material?
What affects the Marquee Hire price?
- Confirm the number of guests for the day, will there be extra evening guests?
- Ask the supplier to provide illustrated choices of marquee size so that you can choose the right size for you.
- Different styles of marquees are available, this can effect the price.
- Specification of furniture and internal linings. When comparing quotes make sure they are providing matching quality /spec.
- Hire period, do you need extra days for decorating interior etc.?
How long do I need the Marquee for?
- Good companies will be flexible when it comes to erection and dismantling the marquee. Allow yourself plenty of time to get the interior just how you want it. Some venues have time restrictions and need the site to be cleared the following day of the wedding. Can your supplier remove on a Sunday if necessary?